I’ve been compiling a list of place/things to photograph around WA state. This is my list for the Kitsap Peninsula area. Links go to Google Maps where you can get directions.
- For the travel photographer, there is the Bremerton Harborside. There is a stair-stepping fountain with water that leaps from one level to the next in stead streams. Try to get a picture of the fountain with a docked ferry in the background.
- In Port Orchard along Beach Drive, there is a good place to set up to get early-morning shots of Bremerton and the Manette Bridge with the Olympic Mountains in the background.
- Elandan Gardens is a gem of a place to spend an afternoon photographing and admiring what artists can do with gardens. In May, the rhododendrons and azaleas are in full bloom, while in October, the Japanese maples add fall color.
- In Poulsbo, across the bay, there is a great shot of the marina with Mount Rainier right behind it.
- The Point No Point Lighthouse is easy to get to and makes a great sunrise or sunset photo location.
- Port Gamble is an old mill town near the mouth of the Hood Canal. Here, you can photograph New England style homes. Once a year, the town hosts a Civil War Re-enactment with living characters to photograph.
- You can photograph the sunrise on distant peaks from Scenic Beach State Park any time of the year, but be there in May for the rhododendrons.
- Kitsap Memorial Park is another good place to capture the mountains and canal at sunrise.
- Bainbridge Island
Mountaineer Photo Trips Search