Posts Tagged ‘officer positions’
In August, the Photography Committee will be holding elections for Officers to serve over the next two years (beginning October 1st) for the following positions:
- Vice Chair
The Nominations and Elections Subcommittee is now accepting nominations for the four Officer positions. Nominees for these positions must meet the qualifications outlined below:
- Current membership in the Mountaineers and the Photo Committee.
- Prior active participation in the Photography Committee affairs for at least one year (two years for Chair) in responsible positions with the Basic Photography Course, field trips, various subcommittee activities and other events run by the Photography Committee.
- Nominees for Chair must have served at least one year in another elected officer position, or one year as an appointed board subcommittee chair.
- Regular participation in monthly membership/potluck meetings.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- An acknowledged willingness to serve and carry out the responsibilities of the Officer for the term of office.
- No person shall be nominated for more than one office concurrently.
To make a nomination, contact Lisa Gadeken with the person’s name and the position you are nominating them for. Please note: if you are nominating someone other than yourself, the Nominations and Elections Subcommittee will have to confirm that the nominee is willing to run.
The deadline for all nominations is July 15th.
Candidates will be announced at the July potluck & voting will take place online in August. The results of the election will be announced at the August potluck. We will also be taking nominations for a Member At Large, so watch for details on that position/election in a separate email.